Rowan College at Gloucester County

Getting Started

​​​​Transfer Students Who Attended Other Colleges/Universities

To have previous college coursework evaluated, students must submit the following items to the Office of Admissions:


Veterans and Military Students

Veterans’ previous experience, formal training and college coursework pursued while in the service may qualify as transferred credit. For information on how to request military transcripts, click HER​E​​. 

To have previous college coursework evaluated, military students must submit the following items to the Office of Admissions:​


Students Who Have Taken an Exam for College Credit

(AP, CLEP® and DSST®)

To have examination results evaluated, students must submit the following items to the Office of Admissions:

International Students

Students​ who have attended academic institutions abroad must:​


What Happens Next ​

The Transfer Credit Advisor will review all required documentation and evaluate prior coursework. Eligible credits will transfer into the Rowan College associate degree program selected by the student.

  • Evaluation results will be added to the Rowan College transcript
    upon review.  Please allow 2 to 3 weeks for processing.
  • Students will be notified by email of the evaluation results.
  • Students may be requested to provide course descriptions or syllabi. 
  • It is the student's responsibility to verify the transferred courses on their transcript which is viewable on the RCGC Student Portal. 

Things to Keep in Mind

  • Only courses with a grade of "C" or better and which apply to the program of studies are eligible for transfer credit. ​
  • Transfer grades are not included in the Rowan College cumulative grade point average.
  • Transfer students must satisfy placement test requirements or provide proof of exemption.
  • To graduate with an associate degree, students must earn at least 24 credits at Rowan College. Moreover, the last 15 credits of the associate degree program must be completed at Rowan College.

As an open-admissions institution, Rowan College does not require transfer students applying for general admission to submit official copies of college transcripts as a condition of acceptance. However, transfer students applying to selective admissions programs are required to submit official copies of both their high school and college transcripts.

The Board of Trustees periodically reviews and revises the administrative rules and regulations applying to transfer procedures. (Policy 8112)​​​ 

Please contact Glenn Groves, Transfer Credit Advisor, at if you have any questions.