10 Steps for a Successful and Smooth Transfer:
- Research universities of interest — be informed and prepared
- Enroll in a transfer-oriented program of study at Rowan College (A.A. or A.S.)
- Use NJTransfer.org to review course equivalencies
- Determine the associate degree that maximizes transfer objectives
- Review each institution's literature and visit the campus
- Select universities for transfer consideration and application
- Review application deadlines and requirements
- Contact the Office of Transfer Services to set up an appointment with a transfer advisor
- Bring this checklist and research materials to the appointment
- Apply and have an official RCGC transcript sent to each institution's admissions office
Transferring Between New Jersey Institutions
The Comprehensive Statewide Transfer Agreement, adopted in 2008, ensures associate degrees earned at New Jersey community colleges are fully transferable to public four-year intuitions within the state. Classes pursued and credits earned will satisfy all lower-division General Education requirements in a bachelor's degree program. Under the agreement, community college graduates are admitted to New Jersey state schools with junior status.
Navigating a Successful Transfer
NJTransfer.org assists students in planning their course of study. It provides an explanation of the transfer process, profiles on New Jersey colleges and universities, and workforce statistics.
- Course equivalencies (from two- to four-year institutions)
- Recommended academic programs for transfer
- Profiles for community colleges and state universities
- Financial aid information
- Employment outlook within the state
Popular Web Resources
The links below provide access to various college search information pages.
Selecting a College for Transfer
Choosing a college is an important decision because it shapes every student's future in many ways. It influences students' opinions, circles of friends, thought processes and even their outlook on life. Below are links to various university websites so Rowan College students can make an informed decision about the future.
New Jersey Colleges and Universities
Philadelphia Colleges and Universities
Pennsylvania Colleges and Universities
Other Colleges and Universities