RCGC Alert is an emergency and outreach notification system for students and employees. In the event of an emergency, Rowan College will contact you by phone, email and/or text message in a timely manner to ensure your safety as required by federal regulations. Rowan College also may wish to contact you by phone, email and/or text message for outreach notifications, including registration reminders, eLearning alerts and more. Although outreach notifications are highly recommended, they are optional.
For more information on alerts, view the Alerts & Notifications page.
To Update RCGC Alert Information Through Self-Serv
Students and employees may log in to the RCGC Portal and update their RCGC Alert contact information and notification preferences. Complete the following steps to update your RCGC Alert information:
- Log into the RCGC Portal from the main website (www.rcgc.edu)
- Click on your name in the upper right of the page
- From the drop-down menu, click Update Emergency Contact Info
- Update your emergency contact information and click Submit
Please view the screenshots below for reference.
To View Personal Contact Information:
- Log into the Portal
- Click on Self-Serv tab (upper right of page)
- Click on Personal Information
- Click on View Address and Phone Number Information
To Update Personal Contact Information:
- Students: Visit the Student Records office in the Student Services building to request updates to contact information.
- Faculty/Staff: Log into the RCGC Portal, go to the Employee tab and click the Employee Contact Update Form under the Employee Links channel. Complete the form to send updated information to the HR department.
Completing Updates When First Logging in to the RCGC Portal
Students and employees will be asked to update their information on an annual basis when logging in to the RCGC Portal. This will be a two-step process that asks users for their notification preferences, as well as up-to-date emergency contact information.