The Gloucester County Educational Campus (GCEC) Safety and Security Department is a proprietary system comprised of 15 full- and part-time personnel who patrol Rowan College at Gloucester County's buildings and grounds to ensure the safety and security of the college community. Trained officers assist in situations ranging from emergency response to general advice on crime prevention.
GCEC security officers neither carry weapons nor have arrest powers, but work with local police when an arrest is warranted. The use or possession of any firearm, dangerous weapon, device or any component or appearance of a dangerous weapon is not permitted on campus.
Members of the Safety and Security Department participate in annual in-service training programs, including cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), first aid, use of the automated external defibrillator (AED), conflict and crisis resolution, patrol procedures, and fire safety skills.
- educate campus community about security concerns
- enforce college policies
- foot and vehicular campus patrols
- building access and activity monitoring
- college rules and regulation enforcement
- parking tickets
- fire alarms
- card access and intrusion door alarms
- escort program
- motor vehicle registration
- lost and found
- accident and complaint investigations
- medical assistance
Safety and Security Department:
Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. / Saturdays during scheduled classes
The Gloucester County Sheriff's Department maintains a presence on the campus 24-hours a day, seven days a week.
GCEC works in collaboration with various safety and security partners, ranging from the Deptford Township Police and Fire Departments, Emergency Medical Services, the Gloucester County Sheriff's Department, and other county, state and federal agencies.
Gloucester County Sheriff's Office
Campus number (856) 415-2200
The Office of the Sheriff, located on the Gloucester County Educational Campus, provides protection on a 24 hour, seven days per week, 365 days a year basis. In addition to providing the traditional services of the Sheriff's Office, department members also lend support to the Gloucester County Educational Campus Safety and Security Department.
The Gloucester County Educational Campus Safety and Security Department strives to provide a safe environment on campus, to assist those in need, and to evoke a feeling of security to all by being accessible and alert at all times.
- Our principal mission is the protection of life and property.
- Our students, faculty and staff are our most valued assets.
- We strive to maintain the highest level of public trust.
- We demand the highest standards of honesty and integrity.
- We value community partnerships.
- We treat each other, and the community, with dignity.
- We recognize diversity as strength.
- We value personal and professional growth through education and training.
- We recognize the importance of investing in the future of the community through its children.
- We recognize the importance of fiscal responsibility through performance-based management.