View Scholarship Opportunities
- Apply for admission to RCGC
- Meet all admission and application requirements established by RCGC
- Meet all student eligibility requirements
Available County Internships
- Parks & Recreation
- Social Services
Rowan College at Gloucester County
Gloucester County Board of Chosen Freeholders
Robert M. Damminger, Director
Giuseppe (Joe) Chila, Deputy Director
Lyman Barnes, Education Liaison
The County of Gloucester complies with all state and federal rules and regulations and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability in admission to, access to, or operations of its programs, services or activities. In addition, Gloucester County encourages the participation of people with disabilities in its programs and activities and offers special services to all County residents 60 years of age and older. Inquiries regarding compliance may be directed to the Division of Disability Services at 856-384-6842/New Jersey Relay Service 711 or the EEO office at 856-384-6903.
We anticipate the 2018-2019 scholarship application cycle
to be available on December 1, 2017.
The Gloucester County Board of Chosen Freeholders, in cooperation with Rowan College at Gloucester County, has established the “Gloucester County Internship Scholarship Program,” an initiative created to provide qualified, first-year students with a potential two-year tuition and fees award, along with field- specific work experience. This selective program will award 20 students one free academic year at RCGC, with the opportunity for scholarship renewal for a second year.
- Be a current high school senior ranked in the top 25 percent at the end of their junior year (or graduating with a 3.5 or greater GPA), who has completed a college preparatory program of study.
- Enroll for the fall semester at RCGC in a full-time course of study immediately after graduating from high school
- Take a minimum of 30 credits each academic year
- Be a permanent Gloucester County, New Jersey resident (parents/guardians and students) pursuant to regulations established by the College at the time of high school graduation and upon college enrollment
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen and a legal New Jersey resident for a minimum of 12 consecutive months prior to high school graduation
- Submit an essay for consideration into the program
- Students will be notified if they are selected for the interview process prior to July 1
- Review and sign Student Internship Agreement (SIA)
- Enroll full time in a major or area of study relating to the field in which the internship applies
- Required to attend an RCGC professional workshop during the summer
- Available for the following internship hours: 5-hours per week, fall and spring semesters; 20-hours per week, summer
- Maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or higher at the end of the fall semester to receive the scholarship for spring (summer, dual credit and HSOP courses included in determining GPA)
- Fulfill required internship hours
- Scholarship funds awarded for a maximum of two