Long-time Athletic Director Ron Case will headline a group of nine new inductees to the Rowan College at Gloucester County (RCGC) Roadrunner Sports Hall of Fame in a ceremony to be held Tuesday, March 7, 2017 at 6pm at Adelphia's Restaurant in Deptford Township, NJ.
Case, who recently retired after 25 years of service to the college, presided over a run of unprecedented success after becoming Director of Athletics in 1991. During his tenure, the Roadrunners achieved top-three national finishes on a total of 71 occasions. The Roadrunners won 28 NJCAA Division III National Championships in various sports.
In addition to Case, RCGC will honor the following inductees in its Class of 2017:
- Al Aires, one of the premier wrestlers in the distinguished history of the sport at RCGC who was a 1982 NJCAA All-American and went on to a highly successful high school coaching career.
- Mike Antonini, former standout on the college's 2005 national championship baseball team and NJCAA All-American.
- Mark Enders, long-time assistant coach for the Roadrunners' softball teams who contributed to two NJCAA Division III National Championships.
- Ozzie Huerta, NJCAA All-American distance runner in cross country and men's track in 2010-2011.
- Kirby Johnson, who earned All-American honors in consecutive seasons (2004-2005) while playing women's basketball.
- Rudy Mazzocca, former men's soccer standout and 1996 NJCAA All-American. Led Roadrunners to their only NJCAA Division III Men's Soccer National Championship berth.
- Tom McCormack, former head coach of the women' basketball program at RCGC who restarted program and led the team to an NJCAA Division III National Championship berth in 2000.
- Kim Santos, Class of 1997, former NJCAA All-American tennis star and, arguably, the Roadrunners most talented women's tennis player ever.
"We are excited to honor this talented class of inductees into the Roadrunner Hall of Fame," Executive Director of Athletics Brian Rowan said. "Each of these individuals have made significant contributions to the college's history of national success in junior college athletics."
In addition, four teams will be recognized at the dinner for their NJCAA National Championship performances:
- 1995 Men's Cross Country National Championship Team
- 1996 Wrestling National Championship Team
- 2005 Baseball National Championship Team
- 2006 Women's Cross Country National Championship Team
Tickets are $35 each and may be obtained by calling the RCGC Athletic Department at 856-415-2207 or visiting the RCGC Department of Athletics Office.