The Academic Advisement Center supports all aspects of the college experience by providing learning resources and academic advisement to guide students in achieving their full intellectual potential. Advisement helps students make decisions concerning their life goals, vocational goals, program choices, course choices and enrollment. Advisors can assist students in exploring careers and transfer options.
Information on Academic Advisement
Academic advisement fosters the development of Rowan College students by offering assistance and guidance in all aspects of the academic program. It is an advisor's responsibility to assist and guide the student. However, it is the student's responsibility to make final decisions about his or her academic program and career selection.
When to See an Advisor
At Rowan College at Gloucester County, advisors are available for day and evening appointments. Advisors may be seen for the following, but students may make an appointment to see an advisor for other situations not listed below.
- Problems that may impact academic performance
- Academic progress
- Choice of major, or change of major, and its impact
- Career considerations
- Long-term goals
To select courses for the upcoming semester
To add, drop or withdraw from a course (Be aware of specific deadlines.)
To review degree planning
Find your Advisor.
Preparing for Your Advisement Session
Because students are given
only a limited amount of time for their appointment with an advisor, they need to do some "homework" before the session.
The following are suggestions to better prepare for the appointment:
- Make the appointment early in the semester to avoid the last-minute rush
- Read and become familiar with the catalog and major control sheet
- Bring tentative course selections for the upcoming semester
- Write out all questions and concerns
- Be prepared to participate in the session — ask questions and address concerns