Gloucester County College has become Rowan College at Gloucester County. Our website has moved from www.gccnj.edu to www.rcgc.edu.
The following are minimum hardware specifications for working in eLearning.
PC or Mac with:
- Windows XP, Vista or 7; or MacOS X or later
- 1 G of free disk space recommended
- RCGC recommends the most up-to-date version of Google Chrome.
- RCGC does NOT recommend Internet Explorer,
Firefox, or Apple Safari.
- Turn off pop-up blockers when using eLearning, or provide an exception for RCGC's eLearning site (http://*.rcgc.edu AND http://*.gccnj.edu). Often, you will have two pop-up blockers: one within your browser and one within a search toolbar like Google or Yahoo.
- Be sure to review the recommended plug-in information below and download as appropriate.
- The browser on your mobile device may not be fully compatible with eLearning. In the future, eLearning will be accessible via a mobile app.
Sometimes, you may need additional software to view and listen to instructional content within your course. For instance, your instructor may upload an audio file for you to listen to, or a video clip for you to watch. The browser you currently use to access eLearning may not always have the required software, or "plug-in", to properly play such audio and video files.
The list below includes the most commonly used plug-ins, and they are free to download. Click the links below to review and/or download the plug-ins. Before downloading any of the plug-ins provided, please check with your instructor or Technical Support at 845-415-2298 to see which plug-ins they may recommend.
Adobe Flash Player is a cross-platform browser-based application runtime that delivers uncompromised viewing of expressive applications, content, and videos across screens and browsers. A new browser window will open. Be sure to uncheck any unwanted tool bars or other add-ons before you download the plug-in.|
Adobe Acrobat Reader for Windows or Mac OS allows you to view and print PDF (Portable Document Format) files. Click on the link to begin the download and install process. A new browser window will open. Be sure to uncheck any unwanted tool bars or other add-ons before you download the plug-in.|
Apple QuickTime Player for Windows allows you to play audio and video files online through your browser. Click the link to begin the download and install process. A new browser window will open. Be sure to select the player you want. The default selection includes iTunes. Make sure to uncheck any unwanted email sign-up lists.|
Microsoft Windows Media Player for Windows allows you to play audio and video files online through your browser. Click the link to begin the download and install process. A new browser window will open.|
Sun Java Runtime Environment for Windows or Mac OS is required for the use of eLearning’s Virtual Classroom and Text Chat. Click the link to choose the appropriate plug-in for your computer and to begin the download and install process. A new browser window will open.|
VLC Media Player is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player and framework that plays most multimedia files as well as DVD, Audio CD, VCD, and various streaming protocols. A new browser window will open.|