Introducing . . .
Rowan University Center is a unique collaboration between Rowan College at Gloucester County (RCGC) and Rowan University, offering students a direct, cohesive route to a bachelor’s degree with easy transfer of credits. This premier partnership strengthens the College’s mission to make an affordable, quality education available to all students without requiring enormous debt.
- Graduates of RCGC earning Rowan University bachelor's degrees on the RCGC campus receive a 15-percent
discount off the Rowan University tuition and fee rate.
- Bachelor's degree programs currently taught on campus include: Liberal Studies, Humanities/Social Science with focus areas in Law and Justice and PR in the Workplace; Teacher Certification program (pending); Psychology (available fall 2015).
- Students pursuing majors at Rowan University in Glassboro pay Rowan University rates.
- Rowan University transfer and application fees are waived.
- Joint counseling and advisement are provided by both institutions; shared student information ensures easy transfer.
- RCGC graduates fulfilling the partnership criteria begin at Rowan University as fully matriculated juniors.
- RN-BSN nursing partnership currently available on the Rowan College campus (Rowan University tuition rates apply).
- Students who transfer to Rowan University prior to graduating from RCGC can earn an associate degree
retroactively through reverse credit transfer.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does this name change mean?
- Rowan University has become the College's premier partner.
- More opportunities are available for students seeking affordable higher education options.
- It provides a direct, cohesive route to a bachelor’s degree with easy transfer of credits.
- Students are conditionally admitted to Rowan University with the understanding that all program
prerequisite requirements must be satisfied.
- Students pay RCGC (same as GCC) rates for their freshman and sophomore years of college, saving
substantially on tuition costs.
Do Rowan College at Gloucester County (RCGC) students have to attend
- No. RCGC will continue to offer seamless transfer agreements with other university partners. Students
pursuing a four-year degree have the following options:
- They may choose to complete one to two years of program study at RCGC, then transfer to Rowan University.
- They may choose to transfer to any university of choice.
- Dual Advantage options and articulation agreements with other institutions remain in place — visit the
Career & Academic Planning (CAP) Center, located in the College Center, for contact information.
- Career certificate programs will continue to be offered.
Who is eligible?
Will Rowan University tuition and fees be charged the first two years?
- No. Students attending RCGC will be charged the GCC rate.
- Students attending Rowan University or another four-year institution will pay the rates established
by that university.
What are the benefits of attending Rowan College at Gloucester County (RCGC)
rather than immediately starting at a four-year university?
- The benefits include lower tuition, which means less debt; smaller class sizes; and outstanding professors.
- NJ STARS high school graduates attend the first two years at RCGC tuition free, with NJ STARS II scholarships available to eligible transfer students.
- Five $2,000 Rowan University scholarships are awarded annually to top-performing transfer students.
- Transfer graduates receive priority access to competitive Rowan University academic programs over students
with equal standing from other universities.