eLearning will inaccessible on Friday, Aug 28th
Scheduled eLearning Maintenance will occur Friday, Aug 28th between 6 am and 9 pm. eLearning will be inaccessible during this time period. [yellow]


​What Is the College's Federal School Code?

Rowan College's Federal School Code is 006901.

What Is an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) and how is it calculated?

The Expected Family Contribution is calculated by the Department of Education and is used to determine a student's eligibility for federal student aid. This number is produced from the financial information the student provided on his or her Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

What Is the Cost of Attendance?

The cost of attendance (COA)​ is an estimate of the combined costs of direct and indirect educational expenses. It takes into account a student's basic living expenses, such as housing, transportation and other costs. It is important for students to budget and make wise decisions regarding how to use the financial aid funds they receive. Students are not allowed to receive aid that exceeds their cost of attendance.

Am I a dependent or independent student?

Answers to questions on the FAFSA determine whether a student is considered a dependent or independent student. Students should click HERE for a website that may help them determine their dependency status.

My parents are divorced. Which parent's information should I include on the FAFSA?

If a student's parents are divorced or separated, he or she should answer the questions about the parent with whom he or she lived more during the previous 12 months. If this parent is remarried as of today, the student should answer the questions on the FAFSA about that parent and the person whom that parent married (the student's stepparent). If a student lived the same amount of time with each divorced parent, the student should give answers about the parent who provided more financial support during the past 12 months or during the most recent 12 months that he or she actually received support from a parent.

What if I have no contact with my parents?

Students who have no contact with their parents and don't know where they live or students who have left home due to an abusive situation should fill out the FAFSA and then immediately contact the Financial Aid Office. A financial aid administrator can explain the dependency override process and what steps the student will need to take.

May I receive financial aid if I am not attending full time?

If a student is eligible for a partial Pell grant, he or she may receive aid for as little as 1 credit.

Can I obtain financial aid for the summer?

The financial aid academic year for Rowan College begins with the fall semester and ends with the summer semester. Students may have remaining financial aid eligibility if they did not use their full amount during the fall/spring semesters. Students should check with someone at the front counter in the Financial Aid Office.

What special conditions will Rowan College consider?

Rowan College will consider situations such as:

  • Death or disability of an income provider

  • Divorce

  • Unemployment resulting from layoff or business closing

  • Loss of income or expiring unemployment benefits

  • Unusually high medical expenses not reimbursed by insurance

  • Other situations that arise on a case-by-case basis

How do I apply for an income-reduction determination?

Students would obtain the RCGC Special Conditions Appeal Application​. This form may be obtained from the RCGC/Financial Aid website under Forms or at the Financial Aid Office.

If I withdraw from a class or two, will it affect my financial aid?

The Academic Eligibility​ page explain this information.

I had to withdraw from all of my classes. What will happen to my financial aid?

Students' financial aid awards will be adjusted based on the percentage of time they​ were enrolled during the semester. Students may owe a balance after adjustments have been made. They will be notified in writing once their accounts are updated. Students should re​fer to the Academic Eligibility pagefor more information on withdrawls.

  • Stay Connected