All women at RCGC — students, faculty and staff — are invited to participate in chapter activities and to become members of AAWCC. Because this is an organization for women (not of women), male supporters can be encouraged and informed through chapter events and activities as well as actual membership.
Members of AAWCC receive a free membership pin, four online issues of the AAWCC quarterly publication annually, scholarship eligibility to attend National Institute for Leadership Development and network opportunities with AAWCC members, chapters, and sections. Participation in AAWCC activities, conferences and chapters provides many opportunities for individuals to develop leadership skills and professional portfolios.
AAWCC–RCGC Chapter Executive Board
- Patricia Claghorn, president
- Kristen Whyte, vice president
- Danielle Morganti, treasurer
- Roxanne Somers, secretary
Roxanne Somers, chair
- Special events, promotions, community outreach, fund raisers, etc.
- Coordinate social events to encourage donations and fund raise for student scholarships
Marketing & Communications
Vicki Gall and Andrea Stanton, co-chairs
- Provide updated content for the AAWCC website pages
- Create promotional materials for upcoming events
- Facilitate communication within the group and to other interested partners
Carthornia Kouroupos, chair
- Maintain membership records
- Serve as ambassadors for existing members and recruit new members, including representation from
all segments of the population
- Contact members for renewal
Audreen Pittman, chair
- Coordinate the creation of AAWCC student scholarships
- Send scholarship announcements to members and designated departments